RE: Greg Fraser's pic this week...

Thanks very much for the compliment Tim. That was exactly what I was going for with this image.

One of our parks has a series of islands made of brightly colored piping. The islands are connected by various kinds of bridges and plastic tubes. I crawled inside one of the tubes and took this shot out a porthole. The late evening sun fringed the porthole with yellow and also provided the yellow patch to the left of the porthole. The two-toned blue arc is caused by the shadow of another tube cutting across the tube in this shot.

I guess I live in a small enough town that I can still take photos at the playground. Or maybe its just that I appear harmless as I still get a kick out of playing on the swings and slides. There's nothing like the crackling of static electricity that builds up when you go down a plastic slide during a dry spell. Digital photographers might want to stick to the see-saw.

Greg