some notes n my submited image

hi all!
seems the proper time to add my notes on my submited image....

this cover was an effort to develop skills in retroffiting old photos...
so i got the scans as seen inserted, and tried to improve them as much as i could manage...

what i faced was that there was probably no descreening applied while they were scaned, so i used the magic wand to select parts on the face and clothes to be blured, then i proceeded to selected small parts (like the eyebrows) to darken them ...that work as much

the small photos were croped to size, their background was removed and a new grey one was added....then the 3 photos were converted to sepia using the photoshop droplet, but then a change in curves was made (i think it was blut set at 133, 118 or the opposite) that brought the desired color...
at this point i should note the reasons for the sepia toning....
1 was that there was no way around with that kind of material i had to use,
2. was that the cd contains covers of old popular songs, so a retro touch was fittiing....

adding the tiny borders was a real drag...one at the time, and it took me finishing the chore to remember that i could have used copy/paste instead!
"the man with no brains, has legs to compensate" says an old greek saying.

on the cd cover background, i improvised by gettting an old book that had a outer soft shell with the rough surface you see, scaned it at 100 %, and converting it to sepia, this time using the colorize option to...

when the cover was flattened and a test printnig was made, i saw that it was greener than i wished so i used color balance to get a brownish color.....

so that was all, but believe me it took me tens of times more to make it, than to describe it...

so her i am asking for your suggestions....what could be doen differently?

PS till then i made another cover for a bootleg recording we circulkate in the walkabouts fan's group.
this time it was an all trasparent layers composition....PS is such a tool!

thanx all, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!