Re: Numbering Prints

Darryl Gage <dgage@localnet.com> writes:

> Let's say I create prints from the same original negative in silver gelatin,
> platinum, and gum bichromate.  Would each of these categories constitute a
> different series or should they all be grouped together as one series?  Or
> should I just count myself lucky if I sell anything and not worry about
> numbering the prints?  Thanks.

Numbering the prints is important primarily if you have promised to
limit the editions.  Generally speaking, prints in such different
media would be considered different editions, so they'd have separate
numbering series.

If you haven't planned to limit the editions, you might, I suppose,
still want to number them, so people have an idea of how many are out
there at the time they buy something.  I don't recall seeing this done
(numbered open edition), but I'm sure it has been.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b@dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>