Re: Numbering Prints

As the other message said its generally good form to consider different processes (and for many even different sizes) as separate editions. For numbering in general its always good to take the optimistic attitude that your work will sell and that at some point someone will actually care how many you've sold. Therefore, its a smart to keep some sort of record of this. So don't just number the prints but start a spreadsheet with neg/roll numbers  and list date, price, media, size, who bought it and what number they bought. It is also probably a very good idea to start limiting the editions - especially if you ever get to selling work through a gallery or dealer.
HTH,
Norman

Darryl Gage wrote:
Let's say I create prints from the same original negative in silver gelatin,
platinum, and gum bichromate.  Would each of these categories constitute a
different series or should they all be grouped together as one series?  Or
should I just count myself lucky if I sell anything and not worry about
numbering the prints?  Thanks.

Darryl M. Gage
Forestville, NY

"Strange and beautiful are the stars tonight..."  Blue Rodeo

--
Sig file Norman Jackson Ford -
PhD (ABD)

Dept. of Comparative Literature (and Cultural Studies),
University of Hong Kong

Visiting Lecturer,
School of Design,
Hong Kong Polytechnic University