Re: magenta again

Hey Russell I know your pain man. It's probably your printer's ICC Profile. ICC is Image Color Correction, it's supposed to make all our printers, scanners and monitors talk to each other so that they all give and get the same colors. The problem with them is that they need to be calibrated. Since it printed fine on your friends system, i'd say his is all calibrated. We all the easiest way to do this is to get one of those "spider" things (BRIAN WANTS ONE!!!) and the reason why is that calibrating "by hand" is time and ink consuming. And frankly i have no real idea of how to calibrate a printer other than to make a print, alter your ICC profile for it as needed and repeat until the prints are what you want them to be. And I don't know where the ICCs are whter they are in control panel, some where in the printer software, or in PS somewhere. I know PS has a calibration thing in control panel for the monitor but I haven't worked with Ink jets yet... just web presses.

If someone knows just how to calibrate your particular printer that would be a big help.

Hopew i helped some, time to get ready for the fireworks at Walnut beach now, byebye guys.