Re: magenta again - could be the paper?

Good morning,

I experienced this same problem - randomly.

Then I discovered that the paper I was using was
coated on one side and the magenta cast became evident
when I printed on the non-coated side.

Now I test each paper front and back before I attack
the computer color balance or printer error
possibilities.

Good luck,

Jeff
--- Russell Baker <rebphoto@pronetisp.net> wrote:
> Hi Gang...........
>
> I had mentioned that I was having quite
> a problem of getting a magenta cast to my
> photos printing them in an Epson 820 printer.
>
> I do have PS 5.5 and Paint Shop 6.
>
> It does it with any program I use.
>
> I was using Carrot Co.Ink.
>
> I switched back to Epson Ink.
>
> No difference.
>
> Tried different paper.....
>
> No difference.
>
> I printed a photo using
> Windows Picture and Fax viewer.
>
> (I was trying to eliminate using a
> program that had color management control)
>
> I printed at automatic.
> I got a Magenta cast...........
>

> I took the image to a friends house
> who also has an Epson 820 printer.
>
> It printed fine there on automatic,
> no magenta cast.
>
> I borrowed his printer and
> installed it on my computer............
>
> Using any program I still get the magenta
> cast..........
>

> What in the world is my computer doing to add this
> magenta cast?
>

> Thanks................
>

> Russ
> R.E. Baker