Re: > Re: Forum content vs. stated purpose

Gregory Fraser wrote:

> I respect the advice of many people on this list (Colette and Bobert excepted)

Everyone knows that you revere the advice that you might get from me and Colette...

I apologize for not keeping in the thread about Shyrelles wanting to buy
a print to use as reference. I have had lawyers pestering me. What an
annoying bunch they are.

I thought it was interesting that the price that Em's friend suggested
was somehow exactly the same as what Shyrelle figured would be the cost
of going to shoot the reference herself. What a coincidence!

I had planned to sit down and type out a letter to the Rolling Stones
from an aspiring young musician who wanted to know the price to purchase
a cd for the express purpose of copying the licks and practicing until
such time as he might be able to play well enough to get into a band.
What would the fees for that be? What if he wanted to play some Stones
songs at the prom?

Anyway, perhaps an interesting analogy? Perhaps not. I simply don't have
the time right now to explore it.
I will say this though... The best assignment I ever had in university
was to find an image in a magazine that we liked and thought could
duplicate and to do so.

We all picked what we thought were really simple images that would be
easy to copy.

pfffffffffft!

Do you remember those simple little product shots Clinique used to run?
Two words...  Irving Penn.

Best learning experience of my education.