Re: Forum content vs. stated purpose

Personally, I could have gotten offended over some of the responses to my request recently to purchase a photo for painting, but I did not. That is because I've been on this list long enough to realize that although the response was geared toward being knowledgeable, the dispensers of said knowledge did so with greatest concern for my becoming more knowledgeable. See, we can double talk. We can be technical and cold. But the one reason I stay on this list is for the friendly chatter along with the information. I also enjoy the light hearted teasing that goes around (without malice).
I have been on other lists were my e-mails were slashed and when I requested they not be, I was flamed by the operator of the list, so I signed off, for the third time. (Just giving them the benefit of a doubt.) At any rate, I find this group of 'friends' fun to be with and know that when I need help, they are right there with the answers! I'd like to ask you, Norman, not to leave, and invite you to ask your questions here as well. I haven't found a more well adjusted  ...  ; - o  ... group on the net yet! Miles and miles of smiles!

Shyrell Melara Photography
Jonesville, NC, USA