RE: Luis' Gallery Review 6/29

Luis, although your comment has given me a good mental workout, I cannot come up with a suitable definition of the term 'saccharine title' as used in this context. The closest I can come is 'trite with perhaps an adolescent bent'. Am I correct?

As for the composition being heavily weighted to the right, I agree. That was intentional. If you're intimately familiar with chain link fence (as all true photographers are. Go cell block H!) you'll notice the weave in this image is abnormal. In fact the image has been rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. The plant was in fact growing upwards but I felt that projected the feeling that you got from the image. The feeling of nature's triumph over man's intrusion. I had hoped that by rotating the image and turning the plant into a declining line graph, the opposite feeling would be evoked. Alas, this is apparently not so.

Greg Fraser
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery