Color me flustered........................

Hi Gang.................

I seem to be having a bit of a problem here...............

I am using an Epson 820 printer.

I am using Carrot Co. Ink.

I am using Ilford Classic Pearl Paper.

I am getting a heavy magenta cast to the skin tones.

The info sheet with the paper does indicate that
one may have to decrease the magenta slightly.

Now I am aware that I am not using Epson Ink.

And that I will have to create a profile for that paper/ink combo.

However no matter how much I back off the
magenta in my printer controls I get too much magenta.
(the blacks in the picture are turning green because of turning back the
magenta)

I have tried increasing the yellow and cyan but I can't seem to get an even
balance.

I guess I have a few questions here................

1)
Someone on this list recommended the Carrot Inks to me.
I was wondering if they experienced any problems?

2)
Is the Ilford paper prone to a magenta cast?
(I'm going to try a different paper this evening)

I may need to switch back to Epson inks.

Any one know where the cheapest
place to buy Epson Ink is?

3)
I do understand that all black inks are not the same.
I wonder if I can get away with using the Carrot Co.
Black Ink and the Epson Color Inks?

(maybe I should stop trying to be so cheap errrr/ahhhh...frugal!)

4)
I live in a medium sized town and cater to the
local Theatre companies and I print almost exclusively 8x10's.

I haven't changed my price for quite some time on prints.

I am currently getting $10.00.

I don't want to price myself out of the local market.

But I don't want to cheat my self either.

I am open to suggestions?

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography