Re: Using camera lenses as enlarger lenses

Pablo Coronel wrote:

> Anyone has done that?
> is that a good idea?
> I found a couple of russian Leica mount lenses (screw 39mm) pretty cheap
> and was planning to test them as enlarger lenses.
>
> Pablo Coronel R.

Pablo,
Despite what the other two have said, the reverse is actually the case and
it used to be normally expected that you would use the same lens for
enlarging as was use to expose the negative.

Granted, because of modern technology and advancements on both sides of the
exposure process, you may not get today as good of results as with separate
lenses.  I recently bought for less than $150 a very good Nikkor 150
enlarger lens (newer version that sells for $750-$800 US) on eBay.  The 50
mm regularly goes for less than $50.  A 75 mm for a similar price.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack