Re: Using camera lenses as enlarger lenses

Generally, this is not a good idea. An enlarger lens must reproduce
accurately from a close, flat field (film) to another close, flat field
(paper). The requirements on a normal camera lens are not so stringent in
that it must reproduce from a far, not so flat field (scene) to a close,
flat field (film). This allows the camera lens designer to design for other
desirable characteristics such as speed. This is why using a camera lens for
enlarging is generally not a good idea. An excellent macro lens designed for
close, flat field reproduction can be used to excellent effect, but there's
still the mount problem.

Regards,
Bob...
"Do not suppose that abuses are eliminated by destroying
the object which is abused.  Men can go wrong with wine
and women.  Shall we then prohibit and abolish women?"
-Martin Luther

From: "Pablo Coronel" <pcorone@unity.ncsu.edu>