Re: gallery comments 27/5/03

... and the gallery is getting
> more submissions now it seems. That at least is good. Sorry I didn't
> get to commenting this week.

Jim

Yes, at least the gallery is full ...

The "thing" with taking time for a review is, for me, part of an
exchange of ideas about the images.  Can I assume the lack of response
means everyone felt the comments were spot on, or maybe the images
were so disinteresting as to favour apathy as the explanation.

For your image:  OK, you like your crop, I preferred mine.  The
interest for me is why there is the difference in preference.  Maybe I
want to focus right in on the birds but for you they were just a part
of the whole.  I mailed you my "take" of your image off list.  Did it
get through?  I'd have loved others opinions on which of the two crops
worked best as an image (over the web).

I'm really not sure on last week's response I can be bothered to
review this week's gallery.

That's a shame, because Rich Mason's shot would be one of those rare
images I like EXACTLY as it is shown ... I fantastic picture :
movement, mood, interest, abstract shapes  (shadows, railings and
light trails) ... it would certainly be my pick of the week by a long
chalk.

Oops ... did I say perfect?  Nah, can't ever let that by.  OK, a tad
too much black at the base of the picture.  I'd crop off some of
that...  ;o)

Bob