White Balance?

Hi Gang.............

I did a few tests with my Olympus E-10 using both the
built in flash and my Studio Lights (White Lightning 5000's)

I used the auto white balance .

I took shots around the house using the built in flash
in some cases using the self timer to taking some shots of myself.

In the studio a friend sat in front of a mottled brown backdrop
and wore a red Polo shirt.

On my computer monitor the color on the shots I took around
the house appears perfect. On the Studio shots there is a large
amount of magenta(pink/red) in the photo. As I correct for this
in the printer to create a profile for the paper I am using I end up
getting an alright skin tone but the back drop color shifts towards
the green.

(I am trying to create a profile so I am not adjusting the image
color in PS)

I wonder if the white balance was affected by the red shirt
or maybe I should manually set the white balance for the
Studio Lights rather than use auto.

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography