Re: Bronica worth repairing?

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 08:49 AM, Gregory Fraser wrote:

A serious question if I may.

At a recent auction I purchased a boat load of camera gear. In the lot were two Bronica SLRs and lenses for same. I got an S and an S2 ................Does anyone have knowledge of the reliability of these machines? How about the cost of cleaning, lubricating and adjusting?

Greg Fraser

One of my 1st 2 1/4 was a Bronica S2. It was my work horse for many years doing commercial and wedding photog. Never had any problems with it in the studio or on location. It was a rugged and reliable camera IMO. Some might consider the slow X sync (1/40 sec)
a drag, but it was fine for me in all but a few rare cases. There is a leaf shutter lens for it which I used-a Nikkor. If you get the shutter going
you've got a good 2 1/4 square camera. The backs take both 120 & 220.

Cheers........

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dave Van Verst Morton Pro Photo & Imaging Lab prolab@mtco.com