Re: pro processing on CA coast N of SF

Yes It has been that bad. Several of the major still studios in the area
have gone bust, mainly due to the death of many dotcoms. I shoot in the
Marin headlands 4 or 5 times a year but come back to the valley to soup the
film. I did get in contact w/ my friend in Crescent city and he uses "The
Lab" in Santa Rosa as well. I think someone else favored them as well.

I don't know how far you are going north but about half way between Eureka
and Crescent City is a little town called Orick. If you like to photograph
critters there are more elk in that area than you have film. There is a
wonderful US Park there and the camping is first rate.

Also there is a small restaurant there called Rolfs. If you like German
food, go it's fantastic. Also FYI the cell service is spotty on the coast
road so prepare accordingly. Have fun, and if you are in the San Jose Area
call me and we can hook up for a coffee or lunch, it's nice to put a face on
the list members..

take care

Les Baldwin
408-394-6190