Re: blue hue on white in photo taken with circ.polar

Mike King wrote:

> Perhaps a UV artifact? many white paints have pigments and optical brighteners that
> reflect a lot of UV light.

I think this is on the right track though I don't believe it is UV artifact.  I think it
is more likely that the paint pigments were reflecting back the intense blue light of the
day.  The use of the circular polarizer may have accentuated this effect.

Kostas, you're in Greece, aren't you?  Or in the Mediterranean basin anyway.  The light
there is intensely blue which will be reflected by most white surfaces and suggests the
use of a warming filter.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack