Re: copyright violation

Thanks for not razzing me for coming in on the tail end of another
conversation...
I've heard it said that there is a "poor man's" copyright. This is how it
works,
1. Make copies of your original works, ie photo copies, prints from your
computer, or now we have CD's to save our work on;
2. Package all materials with dates and pertinent info;
3. Mail the package back to yourself , insured or not, but certified;
4. Keep the package in a safe place but do NOT open it.
Then if there is ever a question about the works, go to court and open
the package in front of the judge.
I have yet to try this but I'm getting closer to having to protect my
works again. So far I only have one package copyrighted w/ LofC.
After the dispute is settled, do the same thing again only this time
include your favorable decision and the first envelope, just in case.
Shyrell