Re: copyright violation

> I have not read all the emails regarding this but...
> Why don't you take it as a compliment that someone is using your
photographs
> Thank you
> Hakon

Hakon,
Nice try, but I believe you'll find it much less of a compliment if you
do ever find your work in someone else's pasture...

Dan,

My spouse got into a somewhat similar situation a couple years ago.  The
case involved the continuing use of her work after she had terminated an
agreement with an artist who ultimately proved that he wouldn't even
cover the cost of materials after a shooting spread over two months
during the creation of a large group of sculpture for an exhibition in
the Drapeau parc on Ile Ste-Hélène just outside the subway station.

It was pure luck (as always is the case)  that I discovered that he was
still using the material on the web - despite his earlier claims to the
contrary.

My spouse got the host to close the web site on the basis of the
evidence.  But the sculptor re-opened elsewhere.  I was able to trace
him again.

He happens to live in Montreal so we hired a lawyer who eventually
discouraged my spouse from taking action on the basis that she would
have to submit the case in the (expensive) Quebec Court (rather than the
Small Claims Court).  The cost and the limitied prospect of winning the
case (despite all the evidence) seemed so unfavorable that my spouse
eventually gave up...

Rats, rats, rats,

Such is life, I'm afraid.  Unless you're a big guy, the chances of
winning an intellectual property case - especially on the web - seem
rather limited.  I wonder how many of the PF Gallery photos have found
their way over time into uses unbeknownst to the members.....  ??

Is there a way of doing a search of  images by similarity?

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.  It seems that the PF is a good
place tyo exchange experiences on this kind of issues.

Guy