From: Brian Chandler [mailto:chandler@yomogi.or.jp]
Sent: 28. apríl 2003 17:13
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: copyright violation

Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> writes:

> I have found myself in a situation where someone in Turkey has copied
> several of my photographs, incorporated them into his artwork, and is
> claiming them to be his own work. ...

> Can someone suggest some action that I can take that can resolve this
> situation?

You can try "Hall of Shame". See Philip Greenspun's comments (google for [Philip Greenspun Hall Shame]) on this. Copy all of the text off the offending page, and publish it within quote marks; write persuasively an account of how this person ripped you off. Anyone who searches for his page will automatically find your story too.

Information wins. (And it isn't like bananas.)

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/