File size etc etc................

Thanks Gang.........

I was leaning towards the E 10..............

I have read a number of reviews of the camera
but there is no mention of the type of shutter that
it uses. They tell of the lack of a moving mirror,
but not the shutter or what sort of X synch it has.

Now here where I really show my ignorance............
(like that has ever bothered me before.............)

I have never used a digital camera,  but I do use a
flatbed scanner and printer so I have some knowledge.
(oh sure..)

What I am getting confused on is the resolution relates to file size.

What I mean is...........

I use an RB67 to do my Theatrical Portraits.
I know that since I am just enlarging to 8x10
I could use my Nikon 35mm stuff, but I like the
larger negative.

I understand that digitally I don't want to create a bigger
file than what I need just to give me a good 8x10 print.

So when I take a photo...............

How do I determine what resolution to use
that will give me a quality photo.....
Without creating a file size that may be larger than I need?

And of course I would want to use the storage media
in the camera in the most efficient way so as to be able to take
as many Quality shots as possible.

I have a number of computer books and some dedicated
to taking digital photo, but they all seem to gloss over this
tid bitof important info!!!!!!!!!!

I would just as soon someone give me a link to an on line
info source rather than muddle up the list with trying to type
an explanation to me.

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography