RE: Kodak Portra black and white

I've used it for commercial work, 2 1/4", the negs don't have the
dynamic range that standard black and white film has, but has much more
room to screw up the exposure (not that that ever happens to me, of
course) and still get usable negs.

The negs last only as long as color negs do and printing may need to be
adjusted a little to get the same print over time.

XP2 super has faded as quickly as 6 months, negs still printable, of
course, but need some adjustment with printing contrast and density. XP2
super was developed a little differently than the Kodak brand.

What specifically would you want to know about the film? How do you want
to shoot it and for what subject matter?

I was also told that Kodak is coming out with color print paper that has
color, sepia, and black/gray dyes in it (3 separate products) that have
a substantial shelf life, therefore it may be unnecessary to shoot that
type of film, just use color and have the lab print it as you would.

Cheers,

Robert G. Hall
Robert Hall Photography
www.RobertHallPhotography.com