Re: Kodak Portra black and white

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your comments.  I appreciate them very much.  I will be
shooting a horse, in the high desert (contrast is a problem because of
bright sun, dark shadows and reflection from sand, etc.)  Formats will be 35
mm and medium format.   The finished products will be for illustrations for
a book.

I was thinking of trying the Portra black and white because I like the
Portra color film so much.  I don't quite trust the black and white films
that are processed in C-41, though.  They seem to lose too much contrast.  I
was wondering if the Portra was any better than the XP2.

I've ordered some Portra black and white to try it.  I still have time.
I't's always nice to hear the thoughts about products from those who have
tried them, though.

I think I'll stick to good old Tri-X for the shoot, though.  If you have
further comments or suggestons, I'd love to hear them.

Marilyn