RE: Londoner in San Francisco / digicameras / testing

My digital camera makes 10x8 (inch) prints that are superior to my old 35mm
100asa film shots.  I can generate monochrome from digital and even emulate
the effect of colour filters.

I also have found that film processing, £4 (GBP) for the film and £4 (GBP)
for processing is un supportable.  I've taken about 1500  frames with my
digital camera since I bought it so saving over £300 (GBP). This covers the
price I paid for the compact digital camera, so I'm on my way to saving the
whole cost of the two cameras.

The dynamic range of the sensor is not as great as a negative but is better
than a transparency, so digital cameras have a lot going for them.

You also get the images downloading straight on to a CD so there is no
scanning and since I no longer need the film developed I can get my images
on to my web site the same day or even the same hour.  If I only want an
inkjet print I can do it within ten minutes of taking the snap.

Digital saves a lot of time and money.

Chris
http://www.chrissdomain.com