Re: Chronic Sick

> Also while I'm on a
> roll  the photo gallery review thingy is pathetic.  I haven't seen a
> single commentator who said anything critical.  some of the photos have
> been excellent but some have been the embodiment of banal.  And no one
> even has the balls to say that the picture sucks and is a waste of
> pixel space.  This does NO one any good as a photographer.  To always
> be told that the picture is nice , warm is worthless unless that is
> indeed the case.

Well,
I've seen a few highly critical reviews in my time on the list.
The reaction: hostility.

Writing what you think, directly and honestly (brutally blunt) , easy.
Writing something just nice is easy too.
Getting inside an image, dissecting it, writing constructive comments about what works, what does not and how the photographer could avoid the same "mistake" next time ... that all takes a LOT of time.  Maybe it would be different if reviewers were paid ;o)

But as to comparing reviews here with those I've seen elsewhere on the web: they don't seem to exhibit the same degree of sycophancy.

I appreciate every review of our gallery: but if you want more "hard" reviews ... remember to thank all the reviewers (not just those that give praise).

Bob

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £13.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890