Re: Chronic Sick

Joe, are you the one responsible for the Joe Miller Joke Book from years ago?
To say you can't stand absurd generalities and then spout a few is fairly
funny.  Iowa may be somewhat conservative but violent?  Get your facts
straight.  I can't speak for Utah.  And LBJ may have sent you to Vietnam but he
was hardly from the far right.  Quite the opposite I always thought.  I am a
die-hard liberal from Iowa and promise not to harm anyone who cares to visit.  I
might lock my door rather than listen to some of the slanted
misinformation/disinformation recently posted here.

Anyway, after anyone who cares to flame me gets it off there chest I would like
to echo the opinion of one or our recently departed visitors.  There is a hell
of a lot of OT stuff posted now, seemingly excused because the poster admits
it's off topic.  More photography talk please.  Even opinions on digital cameras
would be welcome.
Don Roberts

Joe Miller wrote:

> >I've done a lot of world traveling in the past.Im an American who
> >was overseas for 4 years.I never felt threatened and I've traveled
> >to some pretty hairy places.
> >Most places in the world are much safer than the SF bay area.In some
> >Sf neighborhoods I watch my back because I know 4 people who have
> >been brutally  attacked from behind.One woman I know required 2
> >years of recuperation.
> >An asian man was shot and killed in Oakland last month because the
> >wilding gang was targeting asians whom they think "carry more cash".
> >A Japanese student was killed in Texas by a homeowner.The kid
> >entered the house thinking it was his friends party,and didn't
> >understand the term "freeze".It was a misunderstanding ,but I wonder
> >if he were white   would he have been shot.
> >  There have been several cases of homophobic murders in the press recently.
> >A black man was dragged to death behind a pickup truck a few years
> >back by racists.
> >There was an incident where the police  murdered an unarmed African
> >American  who was reaching for his wallet.
> >This is a very violent country.Guns make it more volatile.(Im
> >personally not against guns, but they are a large factor.)
> >Anyone who denies that the right wing controls the country is
> >mistaken.Remember we have a Republican President ,Congress ,and
> >Supreme court.The NRA is right wing, and supports  right wing
> >politicians.
> >My advice to  foreigners visiting the USA is, watch your back.
> KenK
>
> I arrived at this thread late and know that I should just let it die,
> but I had to thank KenK for his well documented and researched
> discourse on politics and violence in the US.  He is absolutely
> right, Chris, you wouldn't last five minutes here. It is a very
> violent place and nearly all the violence is politically motivated.
> If you do come, you will want to avoid the right wing strongholds he
> mentioned such as San Francisco.  If fact, it would be best to glance
> at recent voting patterns and only visit the left wing places.  You
> would most likely be completely safe,for example, anywhere in New
> York City or Philadelphia.
>
> If you want to visit both coasts it would be best to fly so as to
> avoid all the violent right wing states in between.  Just pray your
> plane doesn't have to land in someplace like Iowa or Utah.  Better
> yet, come visit me.  My wife often tells me I'm funny looking, other
> say I'm different, but yet I feel secure here.  Of course, the county
> government here is left wing.  Also, I have the right wing loonies
> fooled into thinking I'm one of them.  I'm not a member of the NRA
> but I have been seen shooting tin cans, carrying a rope on horseback
> and LBJ, a politician from the far right, sent me to Vietnam in the
> sixties.  Maybe you and I could go out and  do a little photography.
> Remember, however, if anyone asks, we are just making pictures of
> [...]

   Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
  And the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty,
  but is it Art?".   --  Rudyard Kipling