Re: why does digital looks better?

That's laughable I wouldnt give a digi cam the time of day until the D1s came about, I still think I'll hold out for the 22MP version... Either that or I'll just go MF and get a 6x6.

At 05:49 PM 2/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
On 2/11/03 4:56 PM, "Brian Blankenship" <brian@bngraphics.com> wrote:

> I don't know about the D1x, but the D30/D60 use a .5" chip, that's like
> shooting with 110 film (but better resolving power of course), which
> results in more DOF.

The D1x has a 1.5 multiplier.  While the DOF is increased somewhat it is no
where near what you described.  I shoot at f2.8 - f5.6 all the time using a
variety of lenses and the DOF is easy to control quite what you would
expect.  Have you used the D60 much?

Lawrence

Lawrence W. Smith Photography
http://www.lwsphoto.com