RE: my re-vamped web site

At 04:19 PM 1/28/2003 +0000, Chris wrote:
In reply

I would charge 1 to 10 cents for the view of images but the technology gets
in the way.  The system uses credit card payments so is limited to over two
dollars for each transaction so to be effective $3 is about the minimum fee.

I'm hoping for micro payments technology to be invented so I can use that.
Micro-payments or not...I can go on the web and see photographs by great photographers like Clarence John Laughlin, Manuel Alvarez Bravo, William Eggleston, Robert Earnest, Cristina Garcia Rodero, Seydou Keita (just noticed this the other day - http://www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/keita/default.html - worth a look), Robert Earnest, Ralph Gibson, Diane Arbus, Weege, and Robert Earnest. All of this is for free. The question I have (and I think this has been asked before) is why would I pay to see your photos when I can see all this for free? It's different for a print or a book, but to look on the web?

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com