RE: my re-vamped web site

Well.... I suppose my images are not up to much but why should I give them
away free?  The web is just another way of publishing and it cost me money
to put them there....

Those famous?  (well I'd not heard of them) photographers can afford to give
away small unprintable images.

Whereas they can ask $1000 for a print that costs 50 cents to make and sell
hundreds, I can ask $10 and not sell any.  Why not show my images to a wider
audience and ask $3 for a larger image?

The web was designed with free interchange of information as its basis,
payment per page should have been designed in to it, where the average bloke
like me could put up an average web page and charge a cent to view it.  The
charge being levied through my ISP as a low priced service.

In this way having a web page becomes economic, otherwise it is only for
publicity or Kudos.  Web pages are not much good for publicity as few people
come by chance, if you have a chargeable page then it makes sense to
advertise and sell your page or in my case a sub page with more detail.

This is the way the web will go as commercial forces dictate, a special type
of packet (the atoms of information on the internet) that can have a fee
associated so that an ISP sending one to a client will charge him then take
its cut and pass back the fee to the originating ISP via all the relays,
each one charging a micro fee until it reaches the vendor who is then paid
via his ISP charging system.

This could be done so that only the chargeable portions of the page had this
number in the packet.  Since there are millions of packets, each packet need
only have a thousandth of a cent charge. The technology would require an
extra layer on the protocol to handle the charge and this would be handled
by money men.

In this way the Internet will become turbo-charged and be even more
successful than now with Internet vendors actually making money.

This suggestion has a value.  I put it at 1 Cent.  All those who value my
suggestion send me a cent (you can use pay-pal).

The above 3 sentences are meant as a joke!!!

Chris
mailto:nimbo@ukonline.co.uk
http://www.chrissdomain.com