Re: gallery review

In a message dated 1/19/2003 12:41:20 PM Central Standard Time, brianvanden@yahoo.ca writes:

jIMMY Harris  --  DUNE
  The dominant triangle of the dune makes for some
compositional interest. It is also an image which
demands to have a story told about it. ("Why on earth
. . . ?") I do feel though that there are two
problems. I think the colour cast is off enough to
distract a bit, and I think it would be more powerful
if the line of people in the foreground were more
dense. I also think it was brave to accommodate the
"climb the dune" plan while in charge of a youth trip.
I'd have been scared to death of getting sued if any
of them should have so much as got a grain of sand in
their eyes.

Hi BRIAN,

Thanks for looking & thanks for Your review.

The colour does look unusual and I cannot be sure if it accurate.  It was an unusual place.  We all had FUN though.  No Law suits - but I would never agree to try this again!

I forwarded this review to the lil blonde girl (in foreground) & this was Her reply:

* * *
I am not a photo critic.... But seems to me that it was the sun and the time of day that made the colors the way they are in the picture. At least mine on the screen looks like the photo does. And why should we be more "dense"? Or sue from a grain of sand in our eye? Back then nobody sued...nowdays...everyone does. I like the picture the way it is.   L
* * *
She is now a Grandmother.

thanks again  -jIMMY