Re: PhotoForum Comments 1/18/03

In a message dated 1/20/2003 6:39:38 PM Central Standard Time, enitka@twcny.rr.com writes:

Jimmy - Dune - how old is this photo - when you mention Pentax and
kodachrome in the same sentence I'm thinking this is circa 1977.
Scan is not great - almost looks like a cheap digital shot or maybe a
product of a Holga - this is why I like it.  Where you stuck on the
bus because it sure looks like this could've been fun

Thanks for Your Review!

Hey- my Pentax Spotmatic still works and I even have some old Kodachrome stored in the deep freeze.  So- what gave me away?  Was it the Girl on the right with the 'tie-dyed' -white pants?

Yes- my scanner is pretty -cheap- but was not made in Russia.

Rather glad I stayed on the bus as all the fun came later.  We left here after dark- to drive back to Mountain Home, Idaho -when the entire Sky 'lit Up'- like a flash.  I thought it was lightening, but there was no thunder.  It happened two more times & then a -BOOM- that rattled the bus windows!  Turns out we were driving across a desert 'bombing range' of  the Strategic Air Command where the Nighthawk Spy planes -did low level practice photo runs. (Our school bus is probably on some classified military photo neg.)

jIMMY