Gallery Review

D.L. Shipman:  A beautifully done macro shot.  Great detail, brilliant colors.  What else can I say?

Steven Ross
GLADIOLUS:  The blurred, softly colored background works very well with the flowers.  Another well done macro shot.    I think I would have cropped a little more off the left-hand side of the photograph just to put more emphasis on the in-focus petals and water droplets.  Beautifully lit.

Museki Abe
out of the dark:  Wonderful detail.  The flowers look so delicate suspended in the dark background.  And with Haiku, yet.

Kostas Papakotas
lake Vergoritida, northern Greece:  The image of the lonely boat conveys your feelings of sadness.   This image was cropped and framed and composed very nicely.  A beautiful image.

Greg Fraser
Retreat:  I appreciated the humor in the title of this photograph.  Then I read your description, Greg, and I'm delighted to see you used an old Kodak Target Six 20 box camera.  Thank you for sharing this image with us.

Christopher Strevens
Friends:  I like the placement of the two faces - it makes for nice composition.  Pretty young ladies  Nice skin tones.  A very pleasant image to look at.

Peeter Vissak
In the morning through the carwindow:  This took my breath away when it first came up on my screen.  It has a very mystical feel to it.  I like the glittery affect the water on the window gives the image.  The dark areas that surround the tree, etc. make a natural frame for the subject.

Gregory david Stempel
Along the Coast:    The silhouetted dark branches against the blue sky are truly beautiful and striking.   The commentary for the photograph adds to its powerfulness.

Dan Mitchell
In Memoriam:  Thank you for sharing this photograph, Dan.   It's a very personal image for you (and well-done, too) and it was generous of you to let us see it.    The photograph is not sentimental, but it makes me long for having mom and dad and a safe, warm and comfortable home - and no responsibilities.  (Our parents had them at that time.  You and I were probably out playing.)  This photograph tells us much about your parents and the fact that you are willing to share it tells us much about you.

Ernest Nitka
Apple Crate:  Off-beat.  A different point of view.  Interesting.  I wouldn't have thought to take this photograph, but it's interesting. (I couldn't get this image to fully load onto my screen, so I have to go by the thumbnail.)

Richard Cooper:  When I was looking at the thumbnail of this photograph, I thought I was looking at canvas beach chairs in the sand.  It was a shock to see the snow-covered headstones in a graveyard.   For that reason, alone, I find this a fascinating image.   I'm going to have to think about this one a little more.

Thank you to all who shared their photographs.  I've enjoyed viewing them.  Thank you, also, to Andy and staff for hanging the gallery.

Marilyn Dalrymple