:Re: The Gift

>Robert writes --
          <snipped cynicism>

  As to the allusion that Mr. Valdes did this for publicity, so far he's received zero from his hometown media, and only a tiny write-up in a paper in a town 30 miles away from his market. He did the same thing last year, receiving no notice whatsoever that I'm aware of, was there an exhibit of the portraits. I appreciate Robert's championing the cause of the homeless, however, and know he applies all of his energy, obvious experience, and earnest dedication into making someone's life a little better. I hope he will find forgiveness for Mr. Valdes' charitable ineptitude, and maybe even show him the way.

     --- Luis