Re: Luis' Gallery Review, Part II

<<<Bob Talbot, "Warrior" ---
> A three-masted saiiling ship moored, probably a tourist attraction.

Yup, it's a relic from the times when Great Britain was great and
didn't have to hide behind the Bushes ;o)

<<<"This has that scenic quality that camera club pictures in the US
had back in the '50s. ">>>
OUCH!!!!

Oh dear - sorry, I hadn't realised it was such a rehash - in my mind
the juxtaposition of the bird and the swan were meant to have given it
a "new" outlook.  1950s?  Mmm ... in the UK hardly anyone had colour
film then.  Became much more common in the 60s though ... but of
course camera clubs probably outlawed it for another 10 years here ;o)

<<< It is a good illustration of this ship (the swan is a good foil
for an otherwise vacuous foreground), conveying a sense of might and
power that it must have had at one time. >>>
POW!!!!

Reeling again ... "good illustration" is close to "record shot" which
is probably accurate.  Damn, must do better next time - I do try not
to enter stuff that has been done to death ...

Thanks for your comments Luis - maybe I will digitally enlarge the
swan by a factor of 2  before I print it to achieve the image I was
after.  It was supposed to be more about the bird than the ship - As
it stands I can see it's nothing earth shattering - nor in bad enough
taste to become artistic ...

Bob

PS Thanks too to  Marilyn, Laurenz and Rand for thier reviews