:Re: The Gift

Robert writes --
>Well, that was certainly helpful, wasn't it?
>A portrait of oneself at possibly the lowest point of your life and no >wall to hang it on.
>Why not give the homeless people in your area a couch? If they don't >care to push it around in a stolen shopping cart, at least they could >sell it and buy Big Macs.

  My judgemental and pragmatist friend, you labor and rail against a misunderstanding: These people are living in a large shelter/building for homeless famlies, where they do have walls in their own rooms, and are fed/clothed regularly. The thinking behind the portraits is to raise self-esteem, give a sense of identity as individuals and a family, and hope for the future. In this facility, they are placed in jobs and trained as well. It is recognized nationally for its efforts with this tragic human problem.

 In the end, guess each of us gets to give what we want or can give.
                            Just give something.
    -- Luis

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if memory serves, aren't you the very guy who nicely shot a poster/ad against domestic violence that graced your website ?