Re: Inkjet prints (basic question)

Brian,

Like Rob, I am getting into this a bit late, so forgive me if I go over old
ground.

There are chemical interactions between a glossy paper and ink. There are
interactions between all coated papers and ink, but glossy seems to be the
worst. Your best bet for getting long-acting glossy images are to use ONLY
the paper and ink from the printer manufacturer. Anything ell has the
possibility of changing the reaction to yield unexpected results.

A couple of years ago, I was printing on an Epson printer, and bought some
Kodak paper of a larger size. The Epson prints all looked great, but there
was a strong (unacceptably so) green tint on the Kodak paper. I gave the
Kodak paper to a friend, who was able to get great prints (although I can't
remember what kind of printer she was using).

If your glossy prints are fading fast, I would try another type of glossy
paper. You have little to lose by trying.

peace,

rand