Re: Inkjet prints (basic question)

At 03:16 PM 12/13/2002 +0900, you wrote:
Rob Miracle <rwm@photo-miracles.com> writes:
[only slightly out of context]
>   I could never consciously sell a ink jet print.   When
> you hear about inkjets lasting a long time, thats only if they are framed
> behind UV glass or in an album in a dark place and away from airborne
> contaminants.

I have put vanishingly litte effort into working out how to make prints.
I have an HP deskjet 930c printer, and simply printing on plain (A4) paper
makes a quite reasonable print for me to look at, and I had one of them
pinned to the wall by my desk for months without anything obvious
changing. So I thought, I'll buy some of this fancy 'photo' paper;
it looks much nicer, but leave a print exposed to daylight (not direct
sunlight), and within 10 days it's fading, in a month it's more or less
gone. Is there something incredibly elementary that I have missed?

Brian Chandler
I've owned a Epson Photo (the original) printer since it's introduction, same one for these last 5 years. Printed images onto their photo glossy paper with their inks. I've had one on my wall where it gets a good deal of light, and it's a nice as the day I printed it.... Not scientific, but interesting to note. Kind of makes me wonder if I should bother to get a new model that uses the newer inks....

Dave Thompson

It shows exactly what you can do if you're a total psychotic.
-Woody Allen