Re: d100 weddings

At 11:37 PM 12/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
how can i shoot jpeg and still get images that are printable?  will the
8x10s still look good..  11x14?
They will look just fine. Look seriously into raw files and having an assistant dump the cards for you.

 i was planning on printing them on my epson
1280.  should i then take them somewhere to get them printed.
I wouldn't print them on a 1280. I would take them to a mini-lab that has a Fuji Frontier system. While this will seem strange, look at your Walmart, Sams Club, Costco, Eckards drugs, Ritz and Wolf Cameras. The Frontier prints to a regular photo paper. Most places use Fuji Crystal archive which produces fantastic results and you get the longest life paper in the industry. I could never consciously sell a ink jet print. When you hear about inkjets lasting a long time, thats only if they are framed behind UV glass or in an album in a dark place and away from airborne contaminants.

 i need to
skip some testing and get some advice.  i need to have this proposal done by
wed!  thanks again!
Do your proposal. I would hope the wedding would still be several months off, allowing you time to do your tests and get your techniques down. I've shot a wedding recently with my D100 and the results were fantastic.

The only problem I had was I had another job at the same time and my other photographer had some of my 256 cards with the other camera and I had to shoot on 128 mb cards in addition to a pair of 256's and we dumped a lot. My assistant was so busy with card dumps, she couldn't do her other job. Normally I would have had two assistants anyway, one to deal with tech (lights, laptops, etc.) and one to deal with the organization and flow (the planner) but I only had one for this wedding.

Thanks,
Rob
--
Rob Miracle