RE: gallery review

Personally I prefer Roderick's. I feel his embodies more mystery and I imagine required much more work.

> I very much like that while I can tell what was shot, it takes an
> effort to work it out, and even having done so, there
> is room for a gestalt shift were it seems something
> different. (I keep almost seeing wet or matted hair.)
> I also like how many of the leaves (particularly those
> in the bottom left) have a ghost-like quality. The
> only thing I would suggest would be a slight crop on
> top to make the upper border of the image follow the
> wood as much as possible.

Thanks very much for doing a review Brian and welcome back to the realm of the living (as opposed to the common, non-photographer rabble). I tried cropping as you suggested (or as I interpreted your suggestion) and found that while it enhances the lines in the wood more, it seems to throw off the balance. Now perhaps I just need time to get used to it but then how do I know if I like it better or if I've just grown numb due to familiarity? For example, who can honestly say they don't have at least one Donny Osmond poster in their bedroom? Sure Donny is no Britney Spears (or Menudo for that matter) but one has to ask oneself if its Donny's talent or just the publicity that made him so dear to so many of us?

Greg Fraser