Reviews

Bill Ellis
Quiet river one Sunday afternoon:  You used the branches and grasses very well as a frame, Bill.  I like the two qualities in the water - a portion is as smooth as glass and the rest shows movement.  Nice tonal quality.

Bob Talbot
Losers:  The movement in this image give the it a painterly quality.  I like it very much.  The blue and soft green look good; The one face - the ghostly one - seems to come from nowhere.  Very interesting.  I can study it for a long time and get drawn into the picture.

Peeter Vissak
Pigeons on the square:  Although the background is too hot, the fact that the figures almost disappear into it make it look as if the people are about to enter another dimension.    There is a story in this photograph.   The way the lady in the striped sweater is looking toward the couple gives the photograph a lonely feeling.  The pigeons don't even seem to notice the one lady - it's almost as if she isn't even there.

Deen Hameed
Leaf:  A rich, saturated green; good detail and nice composition and framing.  I like this.  It looks good, too, if the Yellow portions are cropped out, just leaving the green.

Rob Miracle
Fall(ing) Butterfly:  Beautiful colors!  I like the composition of the subjects.  I want to flip this photo over so the butterfly is on the top, though.  Did you try doing this, Rob?

Christopher Strevens
Don't go to Sea, Daddy!:  This photograph has a 3-D quality.  The red boat and the people seem to pop out from the background.  Perhaps if you had stepped a little to the left (I know this may not have been possible) the viewer could see what all the things in the boat are.

Greg Fraser
Rest Stop:  There is a lot I like about this photograph.  The little boy's impish face is not the least of these things.  The little girl in the back and in the dark gives her a sad feel.  Black and white was a perfect film for this image.   I'm going to have to think about this photograph a little more.  There's something I'm feeling that I can't quite express.

Roger Eichhorn
Carmel Sunset - August 2002:  The moon and planet (star?) look good against the rich blue sky.  I like the silhouette of the tree and the slight reflection of the sky in the water.

King/Arthur
Hi Andy!:  I like the playfulness of the drawing on the photograph.

Emily L. Ferguson
Fall reeds, Mill Creek, South Yarmouth, MA:  The textures are interesting, and I like the colors, too.  Faint touches of red, pink, yellow and green.   I also like the idea that you stopped and set your tripod and camera up for this shot, Emily.  Something attracted you to this subject matter, and like the photographer that you are, you went about capturing the subject in a professional manner.  That shows dedication.

Jeff Spirer
Esperanza:  This photograph has the feel of an old black and white western.  I like it and think it would be great sepia toned.   It's hard to tell what is going on - are the outlaws and sheriff squaring up out front for a gun fight?  I just noticed the chain and lock behind the woman (to the right).  That gives the photograph a whole different feel.  An interesting shot.

Thank you to all who shared their work and to Andy and staff for their hard work.

Marilyn