From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
[mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu]On Behalf Of Qkano
Sent: 17 November 2002 12:17
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Has this been mentioned here?

And the worst of it is that some
> well-meaning photographers (in particular, just to get on topic) are
> quite likely to end up assisting this sort of thuggery, under the
> unfortunate delusion that it's going to "protect copyright".

Yay, that's a good idea.  Instead of "protecting copyright" just have
"pay per download".
Click on the image and your paypal account is automatically debited.
Open the image --- same again.
print the image ...etc.
Working off-line - well, MicroSoft are setting up the infrastructure
already to make that impossible:  What else is XP anyway?

> (* Curiously enough, there was a small headline on the front page of
the
> Asahi newspaper only today that the Japanese govt. is thinking about
> de-Windozing itself. Hmm.)
Do you think the US government would be so soft on Micr$oft if it was
a Japanese company?
Come the revolution Gates will replace Guy Fawkes for us.