Re: Digital VS real photography

Gregory Fraser <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca> writes:

> Well last week I began printing some of my B&W negatives as 8x10
> prints and I discovered who cares about my negatives. Me! Almost all
> the ones I printed had scratches and some were just horribly
> spotted. I guess I can rewash them but how do you dry 4 shot strips
> of negatives? Where do you put the clip? So anyway, in case anyone
> else out there feels that their negatives are expendable (could
> there be anyone else as twisted as I), I would rethink that
> idea. Six months ago I was convinced I would never have a
> darkroom. I still don't but I've got the equipment and carpet
> samples blocking light from the window.

I've found some "clips" that hook into the perforations.  I got them
to rewash some old strips (6 long in my case) of negatives that were
apparently "washed" by some idiot (me, 33 years ago).  Since I haven't
actually *done* it yet, I can't comment on how well it worked out.

(Premier Film Hook, I paid $3/pair).

Note that I'm (almost completely) skipping over your deliberately
provocative subject line.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net