Off Topic - Books for Toys Auction

Hello Photoforum Members,

When I held the recent books for pets' toys auction I'd promised I would put up a web site showing the fruits of your generosity.  I've tried - believe me.  (As soon as I remove the sledgehammer from the my monitor, I may try again.)  I haven't been successful at building that site.

Please know that everyone at the animal sanctuary was very pleased and grateful for your generosity.  I collected over $200.00 (actually $400.00 - explanation below).

Among the purchases were big, carpeted scratching posts for each of the cat's rooms (5 rooms in total, housing about 200 cats in total) and these quickly became favorites of the cats.

Each dog got his or her own chew treat and  toy.  They also got several "community toys" (things to fetch and chase)they have to share.

I went to Wal Mart and asked if they would match my donations if I purchased all the animal toys at their store and they agreed to do this.  With the $200.00 they contributed we were able to buy some grooming items and some new, warm and cuddly bedding for the animals.

I wish I were bright enough to post a site of the photographs of all the grins, giggles, meows and barking upon the delivery of the toys, but for now you'll have to take my word for it.

Thank you all, from all the warm and fuzzy hearts at CARE.

Marilyn