Re: review November 9th gallery

> Bob Talbot - Birth and Death
> ... Why does the image feel like it's foggy?

Emily, this is all YOUR fault. ;o)
You complained at my BM shot that I lost detail in the sky (which was
a choice to do justice to the scene inside).
On this shot I had everything from the bright light outside the window
to the blackest black of the velvet bow tie in shadow to contend with.
I tried to get detail in all areas (as there is on the neg) but
failed:  that's my comment about "what is black?" The suit was black
but not as black as the velvet and it had reflected light too. In
trying to capture it all I think it lost something.

Doh, I hate scanning negs:  chromes are so much easier.

Perhaps I should have scanned the print that some teenager in a mall
did a perfectly good job on.

Bob