Re: PF Exhibits on 09-NOV-02

well it take slazy days like this for me to review a PF gallery,
so...

>Dan Mitchell - The shopping expedition
yes  you are right. it is a good lighting. But i feel you captured the shot
from a 180 deg wrong angle.
did anyone notice tath the lady has her left hand raised at eye level,
obviously shading her eyes? probably they are both watvhing the crew tending
the grass...there is a story in this image but sadly it is lost in the
shadow of their backs

>Laurenz Bobke - Sun, Sky, Rocks and Water
well, i feel it would be like thsi had i taken that trip to Norway. the key
here are the brownish colors...never ever have i seen such a sunset
goodie!

>Kostas Papakotas - Looking Out
well, Bob was right. it looks fake or staged, but it not
still i wonder of all the things that went right...proper depth of field,
focusing point, just enough exposure to balance the forward comming light
with the shadows...and all coming from a starting amateur brandishing his
new F55...
maybe it is not an art photo, but isn't it so technically GOOD?

>King/Arthur - Whew!
stunning photo, but i feel it hasbecome messy with all those explanation on
it...were it mine i would keep as it was, and i would put all the info on a
white bottom frame piece...the viewers' idea that the earth is really there
is strengthening the cosmic scale perception
of the event

>Enrico Christion - enlightenment
i guess the term "modern era cave paintings " (expression tatering in the
contemporary urban environment) best describes the photo.
i feel this one could be inplace as part, or even as an individual excibit
in a contemporary arts museum...
impressive

>Christiane Roh  - Lausanne, Pl. de la Palud, november 2002
what i like is teh hybridism in this one. the dark left side which enters
the right hand bright one with the help of the brown artifact
but i would like it1-2 stops lighter. ( isn't there still room for
adjustment on the white cloth ?)

>Elisha Page -
the comment on the dark shaded area holds true for me too. i feel it
disturbs the impressive ascention feeling of the towering buildings

>Emily L. Ferguson - Russells Mills pond, S. Dartmouth, MA
to me is just one of those landscapes that i can't stand anymore, but i
guess i'll have to train on reviewing 'cos i'll have to comment on the
landscapes of a lady co-worker of mine soon ;-)get the meaning?

so emily, what i did not like is the lack of light colored areas in this
frame...the elements get all mixed and un-individualized...

>Andrey Ivanitsky - Montmartre
hmm it feels too small, too crowdy...

>Richard Cooper - Safe Harbour
out of all the colours, i get the feeling that it won't be that safe  . plus
it reminds me of such a chilling -turning-to-rain- photo session of
mine....brrrrr!

>  Bob Talbot - Birth and Death
well either the bay has made poopoo or has a very good idea of what is
happening...

>Guy Glorieux - Old Montreal 1
hmm..not much to say, but concerning the technique, a more impressive
subject should have been chosen...those cars are too dominant even reversed

that's all guys....see ya, ksoats

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the
other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.htm
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!