Re: PF Galleries on Nov. 4, 2002

> Well, I fall for this moment all the time, I must admit.  Focussing
> in this situation is always an interesting experience.  Balancing
the
> yellow against some opposite color seems to help me make this sort
of
> image more successful, so I particularly like the places where the
> sky is reflected in the surface of the water.

That seems like good advice to me:  the element of a better photo.

> I think there would be some improvement if there were
> some sense of motion.  Bob's right about snatching a moment from a
> movie and when it is especially difficult to do successfully.

It's not quite what I had in mind:  I don't think this subject can be
made to show what you see - heck, I've taken enough shots very similar
to this that have failed.
When I look you see the ripples and the play of lights on rock.  I've
come to the conclusion that it is the real movement of the highlights
that is what makes the scene itself pleasant to view.

A fast exposure - it's static,
A slow exposure - it's a blur.  It might work (create a nice picture)
but it would not be what I saw.

Bob