Re: PF Galleries on Nov. 4, 2002

In a message dated 11/4/02 7:21:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, BobTalbot@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk writes:

David Small - Long May They Wave
Thumb: Dark.

I'm not sure this is what I would have identified as a "typical David
Small shot".  Could it be a Jeff Spirer shot?
It's monochrome and dark with a graphic simplicity.
The title - I thought the hand but did it mean the flag?  What is the
symbolism supposed to say?  I don't want to go there for sure.

Technically, sommat troubles me:  what is that white diagonal line
across the flag?  I don't understand how it got there, it's like an
extension of the chrome trim, but it's not obscured.

Bob good to  be back on the forum. If you thought it was a Jeff Spirer shot i'm in good company. The flag was of thin transparent  plastic, and that is the chrome of the car showing thru. Thanks for taking the time to do a review.
Dave