Re: Manuel Alvarez Bravo

At 01:14 PM 11/1/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>At 08:10 AM 11/1/2002 -0500, *-CHILLED DELIRIUM-* wrote:
>

>>   Thank you for the kind words, JG. I was wondering if anyone had read
>
>I read it.  I'm a big Bravo fan.  I also passed by the lifeless Penn
>exhibit to get to the small Bravo exhibit in Chicago.  There's a Bravo
>Museum in Oaxaca that is definitely worth visiting.
>

>Jeff Spirer
>Photos: http://www.spirer.com

Jeff,

I'm glad to have seen the Chicago Bravo exhibit too.  One of my favorites is
"Caja de Visiones"  I'm a big caja fan - but that's another topic. And Luis,
sorry for my tardy thank you for your beautifully written Bravo piece. Bravo!

I was more impressed with Penn's nudes than you. I wouldn't call them
lifeless. Are they too studied, more like his cigarette butts?  I haven't a
real critique just yet. I wish I could see them again. I usually never care
for nudes but these I liked. The first thought that struck me was "Henry
Moore." They reminded me of HM drawings. They were fresh, coherent and
intelligently conceived especially in the way they were made - toned and
bleached, etc. The prints had a life to them.  It may have been such a
relief for me to finally see a real human form as opposed to a Vogue Barbie
or Classical academic nude!

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.