Re: Just how do filters work?

This would indicate to me that, upon the opening of the shutter, there
would might be a flood of photons that minutes before that had been
biding their time having tea with the queen filter mum. Or perhaps if
the queen wasn't available than probably some gin soaked photons
stumbling onto the film from a momentary party with the filter lads.

In either case. We would be photographing remnant realities of the not
so distant past. Is this to say that if we really want to make a
photograph of the present, we must eschew the use of filters?