Re: Just how do filters work? - somewhat OT

One thing to keep in mind about light is that a photon all by itself can't
change direction.   The only thing ("force") that can effect the motion of
a photon is the presence of matter/energy (a gravitational field), and even
then the photon is still following a straight line in the curved space
caused by the presence of matter (a "geodesic").   A photon can't just make
a right turn, or whatever.   When light appears to change directions such
as when it is focussed by a lens, it is because it has been absorbed, and
"new" light waves are emitted in the new direction.

Dan C.